Tue, Apr 19|
2022 vCATA Annual Clinical Symposium
On-demand symposium that can be completed on your own time. 11.75 CEU's available. Live CATA Business Meeting April 23, 2022
Apr 19, 2022, 12:01 AM MDT – May 24, 2022, 11:59 PM MDT
About the Event
Join us in this on-demand, virtual symposium from April 19 - May 24, 2022, with a live Business Meeting on Saturday, April 23, 2022. The final schedule will be released soon, it will include over 10 CEU opportunities. The Colorado Athletic Trainers' Association is an approved provider of the BOC #P331.
CATA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, military status, sexual orientation or age. CATA is committed to accessibility and non-discrimination in all aspects of its continuing education activities. Participants who have special needs are encouraged to contact program organizers so that all reasonable efforts to accommodate these needs can be made.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
· When a fee is charged, refund requests will be honored, less a $10 administrative fee, if written cancellation is received prior to the start of the meeting to the Secretary (email@example.com). There will be no refund after the start of the meeting.
· Returned checks: checks returned due to non-sufficient funds will be accessed an additional $10 service charge.
· Policy shall be listed on promotional and registration materials
Grievance Policy & Procedure
Colorado Athletic Trainers’ Association is committed to conducting all activities in strict conformance with the BOC and other accreditation agencies and boards. CATA will comply with all responsibilities to be nondiscriminatory in activities, program content and in treatment of participants. CATA will provide participants an opportunity to raise any complaints to concerns that they may have.
While Colorado Athletic Trainers’ Association attempts to assure fair treatment of all participants, we recognize that grievances may require intervention. Grievances are handled in the following manner:
- When a participant, either orally or in written format, files a grievance/complaint, the CATA Board of Directors will evaluate the nature of the complaint. If it is meritorious, the CATA Board of Directors will implement the necessary changes in the program. The complainant will receive a response within 10 business days.
- Participants may file a complaint by telephone or email
For a complete list of program development requirements adhere to Standards 3, 4, 5, and 6 of the Standards for BOC Approved Providers and the BOC Approved Provider Maintenance Requirements.